The City of Fairhope offers several streets and sidewalks in the Central Business District for rent after hours and on weekends. The streets are typically used for civic events, races, or street parties.
Requests for street closures outside of the CBD should be made with a formal letter to the City Council and delivered directly to the City Clerk’s office.
For events that occur within the CBD please click here for to read the Streets Ordinance. See the below outliner
Application (completed) including the following:
- Fees paid
- Route/Map included
- Formal letter requesting street closure to the City Council
- Liability insurance naming City of Fairhope as additional insured (30 days before event)
- Security hired through Fairhope Police Dept.
- 75% signatures of all businesses and residents directly affected by street to be closed
- Final event details approved by Banquet Manager
- $150 for the first 4 hours; $75 dollars per hour after that
- $50 utilities fee for City electrical tap(s)
- $500/$1,000. cleaning deposit
Current map of the CBD (2018)