You can now open a ticket with us though our Fairhope 311 ticket system.
Residential Recycling Collection Schedule:
Residents recycling collection day should coincide with the leaf and lawn debris collection days. Recycling collection begins at 5 a.m. Please place recycling at your right-of-way the night before your scheduled collection.
The City of Fairhope recycles the following items curbside:
- Paper – newspaper, office paper, glossy magazines, junk mail
- Cardboard – non-waxed only (break these down, no filler materials)
- Scrap metals – including aluminum, steel cans, and appliances. Please rinse cans
- Glass Bottles – all colors. Please rinse bottles and non-broken glass only
- Plastic bottles - All jugs with screwtop lids. Rinse, remove lid and compact, please. All jugs number 1 through 7. The only plastic bottle that is not accepted is Motor Oil bottles.
All materials must be placed in separate containers (or bag different materials in same container) in a container marked "Recycling"...free "Fairhope Recycles" stickers are available at City Hall or the Public Utilities Warehouse.
Other recycling items of interest:
- Electronics - Computers, TV's, small appliances...bring in to Public Works to recycle
- Ink & Toner Cartridges, household batteris - Should be taken to Fairhope High School
- Tires - bring in to the recycling center for a fee (recycled into fuel!)
- Eye Glasses--take to Bay Eyes to recycle
- Ni Cad (rechargeable) batteries - take to any Radio Shack store or to Fairhope High School
- Car batteries - bring in to the recycling center
- Household Hazardous Waste - bring in to the recycling center
- Large appliances, bicycles, other metals need to be brought in to the recycling center (for free) or call for a special collection (for a fee)
Unacceptable or non-recyclable items:
- No Plastic Bags or other non-bottle plastics
- No Styrofoam peanuts or plastic filler materials
- No Pressurized tanks (butane tanks can be taken to Amerigas in Robertsdale)
- No Waxed Cardboard
- No food-contaminated material (rinse all bottles and cans)
- No light bulbs, windows, or mirrors
Fairhope offers weekly curbside recycling collection for our area businesses.
Cardboard should be broken down and placed next to your dumpster or garbage can area. No filler materials or peanuts should be included with your recycling. Cardboard is picked up from area businesses every Wednesday. Call to let us know when you want to start recycling!
Additional pickup days may be arranged, up to 3 times per week.
There is no fee for recycling! This is a free service, and will help keep your garbage charges to a minimum.
Glass recycling is also available. If you are a restaurant and have a substantial amount of glass to recycle, we suggest: keep original cardboard containers and place glass bottles inside and stack for recycling collection.
Office Recycling: Most offices generate a lot of paper, all of which is recyclable, including windowed envelopes and glossy magazines. Place these in a container marked Recycling (stickers available free upon request) and place out for recycling pick-up weekly.
Aluminum, steel cans, and plastic soda bottles: all may be picked up for recycling from area businesses weekly. Place in a designated recycling container for collection.
Wooden Pallets are also recyclable, you may bring to the Public Utilities Warehouse at 555 South Section Street.
For comments or to request more information, call us at (251) 990-0192, or email