Planning & Zoning FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • What can I do if I see a possible code violation?

    You may call 251-928-8003 or enter a service request to report any possible violation.
  • How can I learn about proposed zoning changes in my neighborhood?

    The City of Fairhope posts the upcoming Planning Commission Meeting Agenda on this website. You may also request that your name be added to an e-mail contact list so you will receive the latest Planning Commission Agenda and other important notices. You may request by call 251-990-0153 or the City Clerk's office at 251-928-2136.
  • Where can I read city ordinances or the City’s Comprehensive Plan?

    All City Ordinances and the City of Fairhope Comprehensive Plan can be found on this website under government, ordinances forms and reports or on the Planning Commission page under publications and forms.
  • How do I schedule an inspection?

    To schedule an inspection, call 251-990-0153.
  • When do I need to obtain a building permit?

    Generally any work to be done that has a value of over $100.00.
  • Where can I obtain a building permit?

    The Building and Premitting office is located at 555 South Section Street or call 251-990-0153.
  • Where do I get a subdivision plat application, Zoning Change Application, Site Plan Approval or Variance Applications?

    All Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment applications are available online or you may pick-up a copy at 555 South Section Street at the Public Utilities Warehouse in Fairhope. Individuals are encouraged to consult with a Planning staff member before submitting an application.