The Building Inspection and Permitting office is responsible for the following:
- Review and approve building & land use permits and applications.
- Performing inspections on all building components, including structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and fire safety.
- Enforce floodplain management and FEMA regulations.
- Enforce storm water management regulations.
- Develop and enforce environmental protection measures. (Erosion and sediment controls, wetlands protection, red clays and staining soils, etc.)
The office is located at 555 South Section Street in the Public Utility Warehouse. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. To schedule an inspection or ask a question, please call 251-990-0153 or you may email the staff below.
|Erik Cortinas, CBO, CFM, LEED AP||Building Official||990-0141|
||Assistant Building Official||990-0116|
|Richard Taylor||Building Inspector||990-2878|
|Adam Thomas||Building Inspector||929-7435|
|Cody Johnson||Construction Inspector||279-6232|
|Cindy Boothe||Permit Technician||990-0124|
|Martha Smith||Permit Technician||279-6233|