The Building Inspection and Permitting office is responsible for the following:
- Review and approve building & land use permits and applications.
- Performing inspections on all building components, including structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and fire safety.
- Enforce floodplain management and FEMA regulations.
- Enforce storm water management regulations.
- Develop and enforce environmental protection measures. (Erosion and sediment controls, wetlands protection, red clays and staining soils, etc.)
- Develop and enforce Right of Way Ordinance
The office is located at 555 South Section Street in the Public Utility Warehouse. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. To schedule an inspection or ask a question, please call 251-990-0153 or you may email the staff below.
|Information & Inspection Request||990-0153|
|Erik Cortinas, CBO, CFM, LEED AP||Building Official||990-0141|
||Assistant Building Official||990-0116|
|Richard Taylor||Building Inspector||990-2878|
|Adam Thomas||Building Inspector||929-7435|
|Michael Morris||Building Inspector||990-0123|
|Cody Johnson||Construction Inspector||279-6232|
|Cindy Boothe||Permit Technician||990-0124|
|Martha Smith||Permit Technician||279-6233|