* Tennis Center hours Monday-Friday 8am – 7pm, Saturday 8am-6pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm.
- Clay Court play will be available to Members Only. We will limit play to 1.5 hours. Check-in scanner for the members will be located outside the front door.
- Hard Courts and Pickleball courts will be open on first come first serve bases. Play will be limited to 1.5 hours. Check-in is not required for the Hard Courts and Pickleball Courts.
- We will limit 4 players per court.
- Tennis Shop will be closed to the public. No charges nor reservations will be available on site. Membership renewal and payments will be made via phone only (251-990-9526). New membership applications can be sent via email to email@example.com
- Public restrooms will be closed.
- No groups of 10 or more will be allowed in the park. No organized play will be allowed in the park.
Please maintain the recommended 6 feet distance between players if possible.
Mike Ford Tennis Center at Stimpson Park is home to 12 lighted courts (six hydro courts and six hard courts) 4 Pickle Ball Courts, Backboard and an outdoor lighted walking track. The tennis facility is open for public play and tennis lessons are also available. For information, call 251-990-9526. This park is located at the corner of Morphy Avenue and Mershon Street with the main entrance located at Young Street.
8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday–Friday
8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
Noon to 6 p.m. Sunday
Click here for Tennis Center Forms.
Tomas Catar has coached professional players as well as top junior and college players throughout the country and is experienced teaching juniors and adults of all ages. During his coaching career he has established numerous successful adult and junior tennis programs.
Tomas is the only coach in Alabama awarded the Master of Tennis (Performance Coaching) title with Professional Tennis Registry. This certification is equivalent to highest International Tennis Federation coaching certification. The qualification matches the National Standards for Sports Coaches at the highest level, which is Level 5, and is recognized and endorsed by the United States Olympic Committee.
Other accomplishments/titles include:
- 2016 Alabama PTR Tennis Professional of the Year
- National tester and workshop clinician for PTR national coaching certification workshops
- USTA Alabama Junior Competition Committee member
- Founder and director of the Gulf Coast Tennis Association, registered with USTA (non-profit community tennis association)
- 2018 USTA Southern Tennis Professional of the year
- 2018 USTA Alabama Tennis Professional of the year
His playing experience reaches to number one ranking in the world on the ITF junior circuit, European junior championship title and as a professional to the Davis Cup World group, Grand Slam tournaments and ATP world ranking 230. His experience as a player and a coach help him bring a unique set of skills to Fairhope and players of all ages. For more information, call the Tennis Center at 251-990-9526.
Fall Junior Tennis Programs
- Tiny Tots (ages 4-7), TUESDAYS 3:30-4 p.m., $25
- Level 2 (Beginner/Intermediate level ) (Ages 7-10 & 11-17) TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS 4-5 p.m., $90
- Level 3 Advanced level (Tournament & High School Players) TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS 5-7 p.m., $110
- Intermediate/Advanced Level - WEDNESDAYS 6-7 p.m.
- Beginner Class - Please call the tennis center for the sign up information.
Adult Tennis Clinic
- Cardio Tennis for all levels is from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Fridays. Cost is $40 per session or $16 daily. Burn more calories than in singles or doubles and achieve your effective heart rate zones with ease.
- Singles, Doubles or Mixed flex league. For men, women, juniors, boys and girls. Sign-up fee is $15.